The Career and Internship Center would like to thank you for your service to our country.
As a veteran you have a variety of transferable skills any employer would want! The resources below along with the career center can assist you in translating your military positions into civilian speak.
Transitioning Tips, Resume Writing, and Other Resources
- Get a one year premium subscription to LinkedIn!
- If you are not sure how to use LinkedIn be sure to use LinkedIn for Veterans and the Ultimate LinkedIn Guide
- Check out this monthly virtual career fair for veterans! There are more than 300 Fortune 500 companies that use this platform.
- In this video, Kathryn Troutman, a federal jobs expert, talks about veterans transitioning into federal positions. She goes over how to use USAjobs.gov, how to write an effective resume, and how to use key words in your resume.
- This article talks about how to translate your military experience into civilian speak: To Get a Post-Military Job Drop the Jargon, GI.
- Veterans Today – This is a great online news and information site that also has job postings.
- Student Veteran’s of America – This organization is a great place to meet other student veteran’s like you, and to network with people.
- Department of Veterans Affairs – This is the place to go for career/benefits information for veterans.
Veteran Specific Job Sites
For a complete list of veteran-friendly companies, visit Vet Central. It also features a variety of resources including transition assistance, career/job search and relocation information.