Resumes, Cover Letters and References
Create a Resume and Cover Letter That Pack a Punch!
NU JobLink is FREE for students and alumni to use! First time users can register by using their A#. Click on forgot password and the system will send one to your Norwich email.
- Look at resume samples and templates based upon your major. Build a resume from scratch using the step-by-step builder.
- Search jobs and internships and save searches so that you will receive new positions as they are posted! Click on the extended job search tool for over 2 million job postings!
- Check out the document section for great how-tos. Use the Student Interface User Guide to help you better navigate the site!
Before you build your resume read these!
- FAQ for resume writing – Here are some answers to common questions we receive from students.
- Resume Writing Made Easy– This step-by-step guide gives you all you need to know about how to write an effective resume.
- Proofreading – One of the biggest errors people make on resumes are spelling and grammar mistakes.
- Printed resume, scannable resume, plain-text resume, electronic resume? What’s the difference? Do I need all of them? What about the technical stuff? What about privacy? Get all the answers at Riley Guide.
- Transferable skills – You gain transferable skills through a variety of life experiences, such as volunteering, work, school, and social interactions. These skills will pay rich dividends in the long run because the content you learn in formal classes goes out‐of‐date very quickly these days, whereas skills are something you build upon and enhance every day.
- Employers are now using applicant tracking systems (ATS) that scan your resume/cover letter for key words and phrases. Before you send your resume off, cut and past the position description/requirements into Wordle or Tagcrowd.
- Be sure to follow these rules when formatting your resume for an applicant tracking system
- Tips on How to Write A Federal Resume
- Federal Resume Handbook (pdf)
- How to write a KSA
- KSA Writing Workshop (pdf) – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Federal Job Webinars and Information – Kathryn Troutman is the federal job expert. Her website provides a variety of resources for the federal job seeker