Grow and Strengthen Your Professional Network.
1. In order to network with success you will want to think about your brand and how you are selling it to others. What makes you unique and different? How can you add value to an employer or a person in your network? This will be incorporated into your elevator pitch! An elevator pitch is a pitch is used to help market yourself in a short 20-30 second time frame to a potential employer.
2. LinkedIn is a professional networking site used to make business connections. Recruiters are using LinkedIn more than ever before to find their “perfect” candidate! Don’t miss out!
NOTE: This is NOT Facebook! You want to put your best professional self forward.
- Learn how to set up an account with The Ultimate LinkedIn Guide
- Explore the capabilities of LinkedIn through these informative resources
- Check out these great LinkedIn Tips.
- Be sure to check out the Find Alumni tool under the Connections icon on your LinkedIn toolbar.
- Join groups related to your field of interest and participate in the discussions. Reach out to people in your field to ask them about their experience.
- Join the Norwich University Connections group. This group was established by and for NU alumni to help with job and other professional information. The essence of this site is to “Hire Norwich First!” Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there! For tips on how to approach people on LinkedIn contact the Career Center for advice.
3. Take advantage of your local NU alumni club. It’s a great way to get in some networking while having fun.
5. Social Media sites and apps such as Pinterest, StumbleUpon, Tumbler, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook are all places you can network too! Some of your best contacts are friends and family. Other contacts may come from acquaintances who have similar interests.