Most employers will tell you that your interview really gets you the job, not the resume. Anyone can write your resume for you but only YOU can do your own interview. They want to see how you fit in with the company culture and how you interact with other people in the company. We have a variety of resources that will help you navigate the interview process and help you to ace that interview!
This FREE online mock interview program will allow you to practice in the comfort and privacy of your own room! It walks you through different types of interviews and questions and allows you to record your answers and send them to the Career Center or a professor for review! When you login be sure to click Getting Started for a virtual tour of the program. Click on Big Interview above to get started!
- This interview preparation document discusses types of interviews one may encounter, interview etiquette and thank-you letters. Check out practice interview questions and sample questions for you to ask an employer.
- How to Sell Yourself on a Job Interview
- Phone interviews are used as first-round screening interviews. Employers are getting their first impression of you beyond your resume. Brush up your phone interview skills.
- Skype interviews are becoming more and more common. Don’t be caught off guard!
- Before you go into an interview know how to handle the salary question by doing your research!
- After every interview, make sure you send a Thank You Note!
- Sell Yourself at the Career Fair includes quick and easy hints to make the most of your time at a job fair.
- Dining Etiquette for Beginners video. Business meals are serious business! To make the best impression for business or social occasions, learn etiquette from the experts.